Elexia Bantum is a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Specialist with many years of experience in the architectural and design areas. She is serving a top company as a CAD Operator. Elexia specializes in Revit, Blueprint Reading, Hand Drafting, Photoshop, Software Application Graphics Adobe, and Microsoft Office.
CAD is a computer based application for drafting and designing. What makes the software one of the most popular designing tools is it helps to create accurate drawings. Minimal efforts are required to change dimensions of a project. CAD has a wide range of benefits:
- Improved Productivity: CAD is helpful for the architects to see how the final products will look like, thus, they can modify them as per requirements. Also, work operations of the product can be seen on the computer screen. The software allows designers in analyzing, synthesizing, documentation the design, etc. These are the things that improve the productivity of designers, allowing them increase their focus towards their projects.
- Design Quality: CAD software provides users with a wide range of tools that are effective in carrying out engineering analysis for creating great designs. It allows the users improve the design quality and accuracy.
- Better Understanding: The architectural drawings should be created in such a way that they are easily understood by the construction companies so that the desired architectures should be built. With the CAD software, it becomes easy for the designers to create high quality drawings with better documentation, greater legibility, and few errors.
- Documentation for Designing: One of the most important aspects of the architectural designs is documentation. It includes dimensions, specification of materials, etc. With the CAD software, you can create documentation of the design very easily.
- Database Creation: Creation of the database for the documentation of the designing becomes easy when you use the CAD software. You can create it like products and drawings.
There is a wide range of benefits to using CAD; thus, it is necessary to choose the architect who has working knowledge of this software.